Request immediate feedback: Music performance for international audience

jshrikrish

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am not a professional in playing keyboard. I enjoy music and it is strictly my hobby. Next month I have agreed to give a short performance for a group of international audience. The idea is to give everyone a taste of Indian music. I have some exposure to Carnatic but none in Hindustani, a lot when it comes to bollywood songs. What would you be your suggestion of a short presentation(less than 7 min) that has a flavor of these different genres and is also fairly easy to play? I am constrained by time here but I want to ensure that I leave a positive impression of our style of music.

I would appreciate if you could give your feedbacks,

Last edited:

Jimsweb

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.myoozic.com
A general outline - but not limited to this one. Also, you may choose to stick with your outline.

1. Give an introduction on music - especially international scenario - Western music
2. Now comes the big scene - The Indian music
2.1 General music theory in western and Indian classical music
2.2 Intro to Carnatic music
2.3 Intro to Hindustani music
3. Alternatively, you can stick with the history of Indian classical music, instrumental music and the amazingly diverse percussions that are present here

Others please share your thoughts as well.