Dismiss Notice
Hello, Please Sign-up now to request music notations for your favorite songs! It's free!
If you have already registered, please login

Urgent help please...... carnatci ragas to practice to cover all 12 notes

Discussion in 'Carnatic and Hindustani tutorials' started by Basu, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Basu

Basu Member

Hello experts.....

I am a novice in carnatic Flute and is trying to study myself..... (no teachers available in the proximity)

I am acquainted with SWARAS and is practicing varisais in mayamalavagoula....

One of my friends advised me to practice varisais in other ragas too.....

So which other ragas should I pick for practice....to fluently handle all SWARASTHANAS...?

(please neglect my ignorance if any)

vishnu narayanan and Joshi like this.
  2. Joshi

Joshi Member

Hi Basu, Please practice with the following ragas Bhavapriya, Chakravakam, Chalanattai, Charukeshi, Chitrambari, Dharmavati, Dhatuvardani, Dhavalambari, Dheera shankarabharanam, Dhenuka, etc

3. Basu

Basu Member

Thank you very much.....

Joshi likes this.
  4. Basu

Basu Member

Hello sir,
    Thank you very much for the advice....
    Can you please point out why did you refer these peculiar ragas....
    I am asking this because while browsing through ragas just before your reply, I saw that ragas-
    Mayamalavagoula,
    Kharaharapriya,
    Chalanatta and
    Salakam

Covers all the 12 SWARASTHANAS.....
    Am I correct...?
    (I don't have much knowledge about the raga system...)

vishnu narayanan likes this.
  5. Joshi

Joshi Member

I have pointed out only some of the ragas for your practice. If you practice more ragas you will learn more. I have intended that only. All the best.

Basu likes this.

Music notes recommendations for you: