Suggestions for improving tonal quality in violin

administrator

Administrator
Reaction score
adding on -

you might want to get your violin examined by a qualified luthier. The height of the bridge, width between string and finger pad etc.. all these matters. If you have bought Chinese violins, there is a high chance that these parameters could be wrong.. my 2 cent worth thoughts.

Red gyaradoz

Reaction score
As a violin player i can say you that tuning is a very important thing for violin. Its play a importany role.I don't khow what kind of music you play. But basically D A D A tuning is mostly used in carnatic music, when standard international tuning is G D A E respectively from 4th string to 1st string. Thank You. ! !
Yes, but I've been trained only in carnatic music and, sadly, I find any other tuning system difficult to adapt to right now.

administrator

Administrator
Reaction score
Carnatic isn't inferior to any form of music - so, do not worry, keep practicing. :)

Red gyaradoz

Reaction score
DADA tuning is nothing but he is tuning for 2 katta. It's a good tuning for film music. Infact i tune my violin to eb eb to get an even better tone. :)

But you will have a hard time in following your song vocally on high notes..

For learning purpose, i guess cg cg tuning is better.
I'll revert back to cgcg tonight and try.. I've tried cgcg in past but I found it sounds happier in dada.. The songs lacked a pop cgcg.. And like you said, I've tried ebeb too and I like it, but I got comfortable with dada by then.. So there are very few specific songs which I play tuned to ebeb... But I'll surely try cgcg tonight ... Thank you

Jimsweb

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.myoozic.com
cgcg will help you, if you are a vocalist and want to sing while you play violin. because cgcg is easy to sing. But if you want a better tone, you need to tune it in dada or ebeb. but remember, changing tuning everyday is not a good practice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimsweb Suggestion on improving google page rank Suggestions and feedback 1